[okfn-discuss] Questions for journalists about what datasets are useful for them?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Sat Mar 19 16:49:31 UTC 2011

To clarify: There is a survey going out to lots of journalists (mainly
around Europe). We can suggest questions to put in it. This is
interesting (at least to me) as we're interested in finding out more
about the data related needs of journalists, so:

  (i) we know what kinds of open datasets they might be interested in
- e.g. when we are talking to public bodies about what datasets to
open up
  (ii) we can build better tools/services for them to use (e.g. CKAN,
Open Spending, and so on)

Not seeking answers to the questions, but suggestions for questions
that will go into the survey.

J.