[okfn-discuss] EnviroInfo 2012

Schentz Herbert schentz at aon.at
Sat Nov 19 17:00:23 UTC 2011

EnviroInfo is the conference for environmental informatics, taking place
every year in another European city. (Ispra, Warsaw, Brno, Vienna, Köln,
Graz, .... )
Next year it will take place 2012-08-29 till 2012-08-31 in Dessau, German
Environmental Agency.

As far as I know there are already sessions on open government data planned,
but the program is just on the way to be produced.

Usually the first submissions for workshops and presentations have to be
done in the early months of the year. But it is important to start
preparations of larger workshops early enough.

I think that some presentations or a workshop on open environmental data
would very well fit to this conference.

I think the following topics could be interesting
* existing open environmental data
* closed/ hidden environmental data and the reasons for not being opened
* how to open hidden data (software, workflow, .... )
* stories of success

I already have tried a post, but I am not sure, whether I have done it
right, so I redo it by this.

who is interested to collaborate on that?

regards
herbert (environmental agency of Austria)