[okfn-discuss] Introducing Laura Newman!

Laura Newman laura.newman at okfn.org
Thu Nov 24 11:36:16 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'd like to introduce myself - I'm Laura, and I've just joined OKFN as a
new Community Coordinator :)

I started on Monday, and have had an exciting few days meeting some of the
team in London and getting up to speed on all the amazing stuff that's been
going on. My own background is largely non-technical (I graduated from
Oxford this summer with a degree in English and German) so there's a lot of
learning to do (and many acronyms to decipher!), but it's been really
interesting and I'm delighted to be on board.

Once I'm up to speed, it looks like I'll gradually be taking over some of
the core/administrative work from Lucy, as well as coordinating some of the
working groups (largely the research based ones). I'll also probably be
dedicating some time to community work around CKAN and the Open Data
Manual, so there'll be plenty to keep me busy!

It's been great to meet many of you in person this week, and I'm really
looking forward to getting to know the rest of you in the coming months. In
the meantime, my skype name is lauranewmanonskype and my twitter account is
@Newmanlk, so please feel free to add/poke/tweet me, or just drop me a line
to say hi :)

Kind regards,
Laura