[okfn-discuss] OKFestival Call for Proposals Open!

kevin carter info at co-lab.org
Wed Apr 4 14:23:42 UTC 2012

Kat,

hello there, hope you are well. I was wondering if you might be able to
help (again). I have the database from Landscape-Portrait (the project I
talked about recently) and I need to migrate it to an Open Platform, first
though it needs to be converted to a compatible format (LOD/RDF).
Does OKF ever invite  people, institutions etc to submit databases for OKF
hackdays etc, for whilst i am willing to do the conversion I am a little
bit
crap at it - could do with some guidance,

any thoughts you have much appreciated.

cheers

Kevin

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Kat Braybrooke <kat.braybrooke at okfn.org>wrote:

> Greetings - we are happy to inform you that OKFestival's Call for
> Proposals is now officially released!
>
> You can find the Call for Proposals (submission deadlines April 20th and
> June 1st) here [1] and our blog posting with the details here [2].
>
> This year, we're opening up more than 2/3 of the programme to you as Guest
> Organisers - and I'm hoping much of that programming will come from OKF
> networks and the many great projects you're all involved with. This move is
> based on our belief that when an event is crowdsourced through a
> co-operative combination of civil society representatives, programmers,
> data wranglers, students and members of government, the most interesting
> results (and relationships!) are facilitated.
>
> Also, if any of you are in Estonia next month, we'll presenting OKFestival
> at the Free City Festival [3] in Tallinn – and in the meantime, we’ll see
> you online. Looking forward to working with many of you more as you become
> Guest Organisers and join us in Helsinki!
>
> Kat [apologies for imminent cross-posting!]
>
> [1] http://okfestival.org <http://www.okfestival.org/>
> [2]
> http://blog.okfn.org/2012/03/28/okfestival-call-for-proposals-released-with-a-twist/
> [3]
> http://www.pixelache.ac/helsinki/2012/free-city-vaba-linn-26-27-april-2012-in-tallinn/

> | Kat Braybrooke | Community Coordinator
> | Global Chapters, OKFestival, Open Design
> | Open Knowledge Foundation | London
> | OKFN.org <http://okfn.org/> | Twitter @kat_braybrooke<http://twitter.com/kat_braybrooke>

-----------------------------
Kevin Carter
-----------------------------
Co-Lab Projects - www.co-lab.org
2b Swanfield Street, London, E2 7DS
+44 [0] 20 7193 0317
+44 [0]7970-680029
-----------------------------
PHD Researcher
Westminster University

Blog:  http://landscape-portrait.blogspot.com/

Current Projects:

> Landscape/Portrait 2010.
 Info: http://www.co-lab.org/Landscape_Portrait_Kevin_Carter_2008.htm

Recent Projects:

> ThePublic Gallery - West Bromwich 2008
 Regional Voice 2008. Black Country software voice.

> Burnley Public Art Projects 2008.
 Info: http://www.co-lab.org/commissions/BurnleyPublicArtProject2008.htm
 Press Review:
http://www.publicartonline.org.uk/casestudies/housing/burnley/description.php