[okfn-discuss] Suggestion to sign the Declaration on Parliamentary Openness

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Thu Aug 9 18:10:32 UTC 2012

Hi Rufus and list,

As every country has a parliament, it would be great to get it signed by
the local chapters as well. It's a stronger message: "people from your
country signed it and are backed by *** other organisations world-wide".
I do agree however that for most of the issues (those that are not bound
to one certain country), we should only have to vote for once, as OKFN.

Kind regards,

Pieter

On 08/09/2012 09:33 AM, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> On 8 August 2012 23:02, Pedro Markun <pedro at esfera.mobi> wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> just received an email from Andrew saying that more then 50 orgs signed for
>> the Declaration. Cool :)
>>
>> The OKFN appears a few times (both as Germany and UK).
>> Do you think it's worthy signing it as OKFN-Br as well?
>>
>> We've been participating a lot on those discussions, so I would think it
>> makes sense. But then again don't know if it's worthy having every local
>> chapter signing it separately?
>
> I don't think every chapter need sign separately but if you guys have
> been especially involved it would make sense and OKFN + OKFN-DE +
> OKFN-BR is a nice triumvirate :-)
>
> For the future we can think about policy on this -- perhaps one of
> those things to discuss at a local group / chapter meetup at
> OKFestival!
>
> Rufus

OKFN Belgium vzw/asbl
+32 (0) 486/747122