[okfn-discuss] Dec 4 Next Steps: Creative Commons NonCommercial and NoDerivatives discussion

Timothy Vollmer tvol at creativecommons.org
Wed Dec 5 00:51:19 UTC 2012

Hi all:

You'll recall that there has been quite a bit of recent discussion about
the future of the CC non-free licenses [1] [2] [3]. Of course, this is not
the first time this has come up, but it's something the CC community should
continue to debate and grapple with.

Back in August we wrote a blog post on the subject [4] and promised to keep
the conversation going. We formed an lightweight NC/ND working group to
take a look at the arguments and recommendations from the various
individuals and groups. We've generated a few TO-DO items to attempt to
address in some fashion the issues raised. We have aggregated these
proposed actions [5] and would appreciate feedback you have. Note that none
of these proposed action items are set in stone. *If you have comments or
suggestions, please post it to the list (note this is also going out on
CC-Community) by COB December 11. *

Again, the wiki page is http://wiki.creativecommons.org/NC_ND_discussion

Thank you,

timothy