[okfn-discuss] New crowdfunding system in the works exclusively for Free/Libre/Open resources

Aaron Wolf wolftune at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 00:55:09 UTC 2012

To answer, Bastien, about being simple and concrete:

So, on the one hand we want to devise the very best overall system; and on
the other hand, we want to figure out how market it right and make it clear
to everyone. I'm not sure we're completely there on either end, but we're
further along on the former.

The details on the site explain things much more.
But here's my simple attempt for now:

I, as a donor, say: "I pledge to support this project, but instead of just
donating and then hoping others do, I'm making a deal: I will chip in just
a little bit, but I'll increase my donation each time anyone else also
pledges this same way. I'm willing to do my part, but only if you do yours
too." Our proposal is to start this matching at 1/100 of a US cent with the
option for more generous donors to double or triple or higher multiples of
the basic pledge. These small pledges will go out monthly and be an ongoing
pledge to support a project until the time that you choose to withdraw your
pledge. There's a lot more to it than this, and some details yet to
finalize.

Cheers,
Aaron

--