[okfn-discuss] Use Cloud tools to create Open Data apps?

Neil McEvoy neil.mcevoy at l5consulting.net
Sat Feb 11 10:51:36 UTC 2012

Hey folks

I'm looking to create a 'How to create open data apps' guide kinda thing, from a slant of the Cloud tools you might use.

So the first thing I need to do is establish if this is even possible, and who/how might it work. In short, can any one shed any light or experiences of using tools like Google AppEngine, Force.com or any other 'Platform as a Service' toolsets for creating open data apps? How do they do it at the moment, is it mainly PHP web app type scripting?

Thanks!

---
Neil McEvoy
Founder and President