[okfn-discuss] Use Cloud tools to create Open Data apps?

elf Pavlik perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org
Fri Feb 17 12:52:10 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Neil McEvoy's message of 2012-02-11 10:51:36 +0000:

> Hey folks
>
> I'm looking to create a 'How to create open data apps' guide kinda thing, from a slant of the Cloud tools you might use.
>
> So the first thing I need to do is establish if this is even possible, and who/how might it work. In short, can any one shed any light or experiences of using tools like Google AppEngine, Force.com or any other 'Platform as a Service' toolsets for creating open data apps? How do they do it at the moment, is it mainly PHP web app type scripting?
>
> Thanks!

Lately I start using node.js and it looks like 'nodejitsu' people have some nice 'cloudy' tools for it:
https://github.com/nodejitsu

I would also keep an eye on: http://www.eucalyptus.com/
and it's AWS compatibility: http://www.eucalyptus.com/resources/AmazonAWS

Cheers!