[okfn-discuss] [okfn-help] Flattr Buttons on OKFN Site

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Tue Feb 21 10:20:05 UTC 2012

Hey,

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
> On 20 February 2012 23:44, Sam Leon <sam.leon at okfn.org> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> To anyone's knowledge, have we ever implemented Flattr buttons on any Open
>> Knowledge Foundation site?
>
> +1 -- been thinking about this for ages :-)

Hm, I know roughly what netzpolitik.org, Germany's largest blog, makes
off flattr and if you calculate that by the difference in visitors,
I'm pretty sure its not financially interesting. It may be more useful
to put on a donations page where you can specify and amount and hope
for some people to give out 20 EUR every now and then.

> More generally a standard little header we could drop in that included
> donate, links to other project etc. (This could also be done in the
> footer). We already did a first pass at this ages ago thanks to
> Friedrich, see the bar on e.g.:
>
> <http://annotateit.org/>
>
> This was a simple bit of js/css:
>
> <https://bitbucket.org/okfn/assets.okfn.org/src/7bb5c45a2944/banner>

Right, although I'm a bit concerned about the number of top bars we're
going to get (the OKF default theme has two already, things like OS
add another 2-3 layers).

- Friedrich