[okfn-discuss] Fundraising Platforms

Laura James laura.james at okfn.org
Mon Feb 27 20:30:56 UTC 2012

There's a lot of different issues when selecting a tool like this.
Obviously there's international support (for instance, Kickstarter
doesn't allow UK based projects, in the small print). There's also
questions about % cut to the platform provider; support for different
tax rebate/gifting schemes in different territories; whether funds can
be received if specified targets are not met; payment delays (how long
elapses between donation and getting the funds into the receiving
organisation's bank account); reputation with end users/donors; and
open nature of the platform...

It may be that different chapters of the OKFN look to different
platforms, as we might all have different needs, although a unified
system would be awesome if the right solution was out there :)

Laura

--

Dr Laura James
Foundation Coordinator, Open Knowledge Foundation

http://okfn.org