[okfn-discuss] programmer/consultant/advisor needed

kevin carter info at co-lab.org
Tue Jan 10 13:47:14 UTC 2012

Pieter,

cheers for that, i'll wait eagerly `!

cheers

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Pieter Colpaert
<pieter.colpaert at gmail.com> wrote:
> I forwarded your e-mail to phd Erik Mannens from the university of Ghent
> (MMLab). His team is doing work in this domain. You might hear something
> from him soon :)
>
> Pieter
>

> On 01/10/2012 02:10 PM, kevin carter wrote:
>>
>> Hello there,
>>
>> I wonder if anyone can help. I need a programmer/consultant/advisor
>> conversant with Open Data practices (RDF etc), who might be willing to
>> work with me on the next phase of an art project called
>> Landscape-Portrait.
>>

>> Overview.
>>
>> Landscape-Portrait is public art project which collects video
>> portraits of person and place which act as a critique of those
>> produced by demographics. The work tours around the country inviting
>> collaboration between local artists, community professionals and
>> participants within each locale. The work has been running now in its
>> data gathering phase for five years and has collected an extensive
>> archive of video portraits.
>>
>> The plan now is to release this video content as open data, with the
>> aim of offering an alternative view of person and place to that which
>> is derived from statistical information. In order to do this I need
>> the services of a programmer/consultant/advisor conversant with Open
>> Data practices (RDF etc), who might be willing to work with me on this
>> next phase.
>>
>> The project is not a commercial exercise, it has been funded primarily
>> by the Arts Council of England, therefore there is not an extensive
>> budget, however we do has some funding. In addition the project is the
>> focus of my PHD, and therefore I can devote considerable time to it.
>>
>> If you think you may have some time to help move the project onto the
>> next phase please drop me a line @: kevin at co-lab.org.
>>
>> Phase one of the project itself can be viewed here:
>> www.landscape-portrait.com
>>

> --
> iRail vzw/asbl
> +32(0)486/747122

-----------------------------
Kevin Carter
-----------------------------
Co-Lab Projects - www.co-lab.org
2b Swanfield Street, London, E2 7DS
+44 [0] 20 7193 0317
+44 [0]7970-680029
-----------------------------
PHD Researcher
Westminster University

Blog:  http://landscape-portrait.blogspot.com/

Current Projects:

> Landscape/Portrait 2010.
 Info: http://www.co-lab.org/Landscape_Portrait_Kevin_Carter_2008.htm

Recent Projects:

> ThePublic Gallery - West Bromwich 2008
 Regional Voice 2008. Black Country software voice.

 Info: http://www.co-lab.org/commissions/BurnleyPublicArtProject2008.htm
 Press Review: http://www.publicartonline.org.uk/casestudies/housing/burnley/description.php

 Info: http://www.co-lab.org/Remembering_Forgetting_2008_Kevin_Carter.htm