[okfn-discuss] Ideas Incubator Bulletin

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Tue Jan 17 15:27:24 UTC 2012

Dear All,

The Ideas Incubator has been a hive of activity in the first two weeks of
the new year. Do drop in and check out what people have suggested. Vote
for, comment on and discuss any ideas that you think are particularly
interesting.

Highlights from the last few weeks include ideas for...

* A visualisation app that shows you what proportion of the price you pay
for a CD goes to the artist
<http://ideas.okfn.org/ideas/364/mini-visualization-app-that-shows-me-how-much-of-any-cd-or-dvd-price-goes-to-artists>
[1]
* A reader for excerpts of public domain
texts<http://ideas.okfn.org/ideas/365/a-public-domain-reader-dynamic-anthologies>[2]
* GiveMeTheDamnSchema - a simple place to find
schemas<http://ideas.okfn.org/ideas/252/givemethedamnschemaorg-find-data-schemas-fast>[3]
* Give me my data - making public information requests
easy<http://ideas.okfn.org/ideas/358/give-me-my-data-online-crowd-sourcing-platform>[4]

Remember, anyone can register an idea on the Ideas Incubator no matter at
what stage of development it is. Whether it's something that you've been
working on for years or its something that came to you on the bus home last
night - get it up there!

All the best,

Sam

[1]