[okfn-discuss] Big news: Alpha Launch of PyBossa, the open-source micro-tasking platform

Dan Stanley dan at thesmallaxe.com
Sun Jun 10 23:47:50 UTC 2012

Hi Rufus

Would anyone be available to give a presentation on this platform at our
event in London this Saturday?: www.electionshack.co.uk

One of the challenges we will be trying to address there is how to
coordinate and display different types of crowdsourced data in a useful way
- it sounds like this could potentially be a way of deploying multiple
different types of crowdsourcing tool to gather different types of
elections information in once place. Particularly relevant to the
discussion we will be having about informal monitoring throughout the
electoral cycle in countries where official monitoring is banned. There
should be a bunch of people there with crowdsourcing/mapping expertise, so
could be a good place to spread the word.

Thanks

Dan