[okfn-discuss] Open internet of things

Laura James laura.james at okfn.org
Wed Jun 13 20:30:28 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

This weekend I'll be at the Open Internet of Things assembly, speaking
about all the open knowledge bits that can be part of open IOT, and helping
develop the "bill of rights" for open IOT.  http://openiotassembly.com

The internet of things is something I've worked on before, and I hope to be
back in the space again in the future :) It's a fascinating area where lots
of systems level issues come into play, and there are going to be some real
challenges especially around data and control, and the boundaries between
public and private (space, data, etc).  I plan to spread the word on open
data, open source, open hardware, open manufacturing, and open design, to
make sure that all kinds of open thinking get out into the community.

If you're there this weekend, do stop by and say hello. I'm looking forward
to a bit of a change from my usual OKFN activities of keeping our finances
and projects in order...

Laura

--

Dr Laura James
Foundation Coordinator, Open Knowledge Foundation

http://okfn.org