[okfn-discuss] Discrepancies in register of interests

biz.pleasure at yahoo.co.uk biz.pleasure at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 29 23:40:59 UTC 2012

I don't know enough about European law to know whether or not the following is important but:

1/ I have lists of MEPS who are members of the American Legislative Exchange Council

2/ I have names and dates of attendance at ALEC conferences in the US

3/ I have agendas and resolutions passed

4/ I have registers of interests none of which, contrary to the code of conduct, list the membership

5/ I have evidence of a mailing list sending out information to UK and European parliament

6/ I have evidence that explicitly links one of the EU Groups

7/ I have evidence that the contacts between ALEC and at least one MEP goes back over 10 years

8/ I have evidence that they are lobbying on behalf of Phillip Morris and others

9/ I have evidence that several of the MEPs are members of the finance and / or auditing bodies of the European parliament

10/ I have no idea whether this is actually indicative of anything more than my lack of knowledge of how things work