[okfn-discuss] Problems of nomenclature

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Fri Mar 9 20:02:29 UTC 2012

On 09/03/12 02:55, Kim Tucker wrote:
> Hi Chris and all
>> That would emphasise that the connection between libre and
>> proprietary commons content is a superficial one.
>
> "proprietary" is another word for "non-libre"
>
> The connection is clear: they are mutually exclusive.

Yes I wasn't sure about this but, having discussed it offline,
proprietary and non-free (and therefore non-libre) are indeed synonyms.

So NC and ND (and any licence containing them) are proprietary. Which
surprises me but I'd have to be a better actor than I am to say I'm
disappointed by this. :-)

- Rob.