[okfn-discuss] Meeting in Buenos Aires, anyone?

Patricio Molina patriciomolina at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 17:19:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Kat Braybrooke <kat.braybrooke at okfn.org> wrote:
> I'll email you further in the near future about other locals we know of who
> are also building community in Argentina, but for now it would be great if
> you wanted to try setting up a meetup on our Meetup global hub [1] so that
> others in neighbouring open knowledge networks can hear about it - and let
> us know when you do, so that we can tweet and share it around.

Thanks! That's very kind of you, I really appreciate your help.

I've already created an space for a potential meeting[0], in which I'd
like to start talking about establishing an enduring group of people
with the same goals. For example, to promote workshops (with focus on
the points described in the Open Data Handbook), talks, hackathons,
etcetera.

On another hand, and as far as I know, Argentina doesn't have any
centralized website with collections of publicly available datasets,
like datos.gob.cl (Chile), datos.gub.uy (Uruguay) or dados.gov.br
(Brazil), and we should have it. It's important to raise awareness
about this matter as soon as possible.

But before running, we need to learn how to walk, and these are "baby steps" :-)

Patricio

[0] http://www.meetup.com/OpenKnowledgeFoundation/Buenos-Aires/