[okfn-discuss] Entering the Public Domain in 2013

Chris Sakkas sanglorian at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 03:52:28 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I went through the list of writers who died in 1942 on Wikipedia and added
everyone that I think of as noteworthy (priority given to people who wrote
in English, people who were influential, people whose books are uploaded
onto the Internet Archive, people whose books had their own Wikipedia
pages). By all means add whoever else you like, but those are the criteria
that I used.

It would be great to get some more of these books digitised, OCRed and onto
Project Gutenberg - or circulated more widely. Let me know if you have any
ideas on that front.

Cheers,

*Chris Sakkas
**Admin of the FOSsil Bank wiki <http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/> and the Living