[okfn-discuss] [project proposal] OpenTest

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Nov 22 12:36:28 UTC 2012

Hi Sebastien,

Thank-you very much for sending through the proposal. My understanding
is that you aren't so much building a quiz builder as an open
*database* of questions (perhaps in some structured format?). Is that
correct?

Also, in terms of licensing I assume you would be *openly* licensing
the material i.e. using an Open Definition conformant license. One
reason for asking is the current site uses a non-commercial license
which isn't, in fact, Open Definition conformant (note that not all CC
licenses are open and CC licenses do not in fact form a commons - see
[1] for more).

[1]: http://blog.okfn.org/2012/10/04/making-a-real-commons-creative-commons-should-drop-the-non-commercial-and-no-derivatives-licenses/

On 20 November 2012 04:26, Sebastian Beca <sebastian.beca at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to propose OpenTest as an OKFN project. The idea is to build a
> collaborative assessment database where educators and learners can upload
> and share their questions and tests. All contents will be under CC license,
> OpenDatabase or equivalent.
>
> There is a lot of OpenEducation content on the web, not so much assessment.
> I believe this is a need that could be helpful for many schools, and
> educational institutions around the world.
>
> More info on the project here: www.opentest.cc
>
> I'd be more than happy to discuss the idea with you! =)
>
> regards,
>
> Sebastian

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation