[okfn-discuss] [ITRE Nov 29th] PSI votes on Open Formats tomorrow at EUparl 10am

Benjamin Ooghe-Tabanou b.ooghe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 16:24:13 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

As you all probably know, PSI directive is being revised regarding
reuse soon at the European Parliament. Tomorrow at 10am
<http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/itre/draft-agendas.html?linkedDocument=true&ufolderComCode=ITRE&ufolderLegId=7&ufolderId=11208&urefProcYear=&urefProcNum=&urefProcCode=#menuzone>,
the ITRE comittee will discuss it and will vote among other things on
amendments defining what open formats are.

We just sent to all MEPs from the commitee (cf
<https://memopol.lqdn.fr/search/?q=committees:ITRE%20is_active:1>) a
note explaining why we believe it is important to ensure this
definition includes a reference to requiring machine-readable (vote
for compromise amendment 18) and an open development process (vote for
amendement 65 from Amelia Andersdotter):
<http://www.regardscitoyens.org/documents/20121128-RegardsCitoyens-PSI-reuse-open-formats.pdf>

We believe this is a very important matter for OpenData so we call on
all of you to maybe help us on this advocacy run till tomorrow
morning.

An efficient way to participate to this work would be to send priorily
emails or tweets to the ALDE or PPE members of the ITRE commitee in
order to advise them to vote for compromise amendement 18 and
amendment 65.
<https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=%23PSI&src=typd>

Good evening and good luck to us all! ;)

Benjamin Ooghe-Tabanou for Regards Citoyens