[okfn-discuss] The Open Knowledge Blog Needs You !

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Fri Oct 26 14:49:40 UTC 2012

Hi All,

As you know the Open Knowledge Foundation runs a fantastic
blog<http://blog.okfn.org/> that
aims to cover both the activities of the Open Knowledge Foundation and
report on the most interesting developments in the world of open content
and data.

We've recently re-designed the blog and have had fantastic articles,
interviews and comment pieces about a diversity of issues around open
knowledge and the digital commons.

We have already established a strong following and quality articles posted
on our blog are constantly being cited and re-used by other organisations
including the mainstream press. There is, however, much room for
improvement.

The Open Knowledge blog will only be able to become one of the central
points of reference for developments in and around the digital commons
*if*the whole community is involved in the curation and production of
its
content.

The OKFN Blog editors (myself and Theo Middleton) want your help getting
pieces on:

1. *Major developments taking place in projects or Working Groups*. If
something really interesting has taken place within your project or Working
Group that a wider audience would want to know about, let us know! Even if
you don't have a blog piece ready, ping blog at okfn.org - we can often whip a
brief piece up for you and publicise your work to our whole network. Often
projects or Working Groups post fantastic material on their own websites
but it never gets pushed out via the main blog. If you let us know about
your own posts, we can cross-post them to the main blog (ultimately driving
more traffic your way);

2. *Feature length interviews or guest blog posts from open knowledge
heros, organisations or projects making a difference*  - if you know of an
organisation or person making waves in this scene who we should ask to
contribute to the blog or to interview - let us know on blog at okfn.org!

3. *Open knowledge news that you've picked up via your channels*. If
there's a breaking story on Twitter about a new open data initiative or a
huge data release, drop us a quick note so that we can cover it in a brief
update on the blog.

If you have any queries at all about how the blog works and what can be
published on it, feel free to drop us a line.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you in the coming weeks about your
projects and any other cool stuff you've spotted!

Cheers,
OKFN Blog Team

--
Sam Leon