[okfn-discuss] OKFest 2012 One Month Later: Successes and Thank Yous

Kat Braybrooke kat.braybrooke at okfn.org
Mon Oct 29 18:47:21 UTC 2012

Dear OKFestival and Open Knowledge friends,

I've just published a summary post about the OKFestival 2012
experience<ttp://blog.okfn.org/2012/10/29/okfestival-2012-one-month-later/>on
the OKFN Blog, which includes reflections on the successes of this
year's sold out event, some much-deserved thank you's, and a sneak preview
of the 2013 location.

It's taken us a month to gather all the necessary data from feedback forms,
our 7 simultaneous livestreams, photo documentation and interviews, and
we're still working to make the budget public and provide further festival
summary materials - but we hope the results will be worth the wait. In the
meantime, a few initial highlights:

   - 1,000+ physical participants from over 50
nations<http://okfestival.org/festival-attendees/>

   - 650 organisations, companies and universities represented
   - 12,000 viewers of our online video streams<http://okfestival.org/streams/>

   - 216,000 views and shares of our OKFestival Slideshare
Presentation<http://www.slideshare.net/ardent_coeur/ok-festival2012>
   - 18,000 #okfest tweets <http://okfestival.org/hashtag/#visualisation> on
   Twitter
   - 200 features in mainstream and indie media
   - 100 Guest Programme Planners, 60 #OKFestCrew volunteers, 400+ session
   facilitators, 300 presentations
   - A great deal of positive energy, new connections and new projects
   started!

The above results would not have been possible were it not for the work
many of you have done as Guest Programme Planners, volunteers and as
community allies throughout the process of this year's event. Your support
was the main reason it went so well. We've appreciated it very much, and
already look forward to seeing you everyone again next year!

Without further ado, here's the post: <
http://blog.okfn.org/2012/10/29/okfestival-2012-one-month-later/>. Please
feel free to share with your own networks who were part of the event and
whom I may have missed.

Thanks again, guys.

Kat
Communities <http://okfn.org/chapters>