[okfn-discuss] Thanks, Farewell and Hello!

Kat Braybrooke kat.braybrooke at okfn.org
Tue Apr 2 11:50:28 UTC 2013

Hello open knowledge friends,

I have some bittersweet news - after two years building global communities
with the Open Knowledge Foundation, I am moving on today to start with
Mozilla as their new Hacking Popular Culture Liaison - details about this
move are on my blog here <http://bit.ly/1644SXM>.

The decision to take the position was a very difficult one - in large part
because of how wonderful I think you all are. My two years with the OKF's
communities have been extremely inspiring, and I've learned a massive
amount from the amazing things each of you do in your careers, activism and
local community work. I am proud to count many of you as life-long mentors
and friends.

Despite this change, I'll still be around London doing lots of Open Web
stuff, and will continue participating in the community through future
activities with the Open Design Working Group <http://design.okfn.org> and
on this most excellent discussion list. I also hope to find new and
creative ways to integrate the great work we all do - so you'll definitely
be hearing from me.

Thanks guys - it's quite honestly been amazing!

Kat