[okfn-discuss] The Guardian government data debate on Apr 25 - with ao. OKF's Rufus Pollock

Mark Wainwright mark.wainwright at okfn.org
Wed Apr 3 09:55:46 UTC 2013

>> Seriously, 100% men on a panel of 5 is VERY bad. Not really very open.

> Not sure I understand your use of the word open here :S

'Open' means, among other things, with 'No Discrimination Against
Persons or Groups' - according to the Open Definition [1].

If the panel of 5 men is not a 1-in-32 freak occurrence, it appears
that such panels are not very 'open' to women - since I do not think
that women are constitutionally less interested in open data or less
competent to take part in panels.

[1] http://opendefinition.org/okd/