[okfn-discuss] Alpha ODI Open Data Certificates: comments please!

Jeni Tennison jeni at theodi.org
Mon Apr 8 11:48:23 UTC 2013

Hi Pieter,

It would be great to get it used in Belgium too :) There are two aspects to using the certificate in other countries: translating it to the other language and adapting the legal questions to the appropriate law and guidance within that country.

Once the English/UK questions are settled, would you be able to help us to adapt it?

Jeni

On 8 Apr 2013, at 09:45, Pieter Colpaert <pieter.colpaert at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been missing these Open Data Certificates. I'm going to use these for Open Data in Belgium when finished. Thank you very much for this effort!
>
> Concerning the license option: you can now select "other" and then indicate whether it is an "open" license. This is shifting the problem towards the question "is this really an open license"? As a solution, I believe ODI should also keep a list of licenses for data that are really open. Organisations world-wide should be able to get the label "open license" from ODI and only these licenses should appear in the list.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Pieter
>
> On 04/08/2013 04:33 AM, Rob Myers wrote:
>> On 07/04/13 17:37, Luis Villa wrote:
>>> Hi, Jeni-
>>> Without going into the details of your materials right now, I just
>>> want to say that this is a very interesting approach and worth pushing
>>> forward with. Thanks for putting it together.
>>
>> Yes it looks really good!
>>
>> - Rob.

Jeni Tennison, Technical Director   theODI.org
+44 (0) 7974 420 482                @JeniT