[okfn-discuss] Creative Commons Global Summit - Save the Date and Call for Papers

Timothy Vollmer tvol at creativecommons.org
Thu Apr 11 18:45:56 UTC 2013

FYI

The Creative Commons Global Summit
2013<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Global_Summit_2013>,
the bi-annual gathering of CC friends and family, will officially be held
in Buenos Aires from 21-24 August, co-hosted by the local Creative Commons
affiliates, Fundación Vía Libre <http://www.vialibre.org.ar/> and Wikimedia
Argentina <http://www.wikimedia.org.ar/>.

Save the date if you're interested in joining global leaders to learn about
the latest developments in the commons worldwide, discuss strategies to
strengthen Creative Commons and its community, or find out about local and
international projects that use Creative Commons licenses. Registration
will be opening later this month.

In the meantime, we've launched the call for
papers<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Global_Summit_2013/Call_for_Papers>
for
the Summit. We encourage anyone with something interesting to say about the
past, present or future of the commons to apply - it’s a great place to
meet and present your ideas to the open community. A Programming Committee
consisting of members of the CC community will make the final decision on
the program. Most importantly, this will be CC's first ever Summit with a
dedicated Spanish-language program.

You have until 24 May to submit a session for the Summit. Submission forms
and a more detailed explanation of the process can be found on our Global
Summit wiki <http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Global_Summit_2013/> at
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Global_Summit_2013/Call_for_Papers.