[okfn-discuss] Open data in the BBylaw of OKFN-BR

Jorge Machado machado at usp.br
Fri Apr 26 14:06:13 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

I am new in this list. I am part of the group that is creating the
Brazilian chapter of OKFN.

We are in the process to develop collaboratively our bylaw. I have
suggested to include in the bylaw of OKFN-BR an obligation to show our
financial data in open data. Before proposing that, I have looked for
this information on the OKFN's website. I could not find any financial
report or related information. Perhaps it is my fault that I could not
find it.

Because of the new Brazilian Law on Access to Information includes open
data,we are discussing that civil society organizations should set an
example displaying their information about funders and expenses.

Ahoy!

Jorge