[okfn-discuss] Hello World, Hello Africa, Hello East Africa!

Yulli Jeremia jeremiayulli at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 20:23:34 UTC 2013

Dear all open knowledge community members! I am writing to introduce myself
as Yulli Jeremia from Tanzania. I have just joined the open knowledge
community. I am enthusiastic for spreading open data ideals in my society
and anywhere in the globe. I would kindly request your guidance through
different initiatives as I set to get fully involved. Besides, I feel that
joining this community is one of my greatest accomplishments for the year
2013 and one of my biggest endeavor in 2014.

I am planning to initiate a series of local meet ups which I hope will bear
a local group and other forms of engagement. As far as I know, open
data/knowledge engagements are in-existent in my country. Is there anyone
around -in Tanzania or East Africa- involved or interested in such
endeavor? I would like to hear from you so that we can join forces!

I wish you all Merry XMas and glorious new year 2014!