[okfn-discuss] History of the Open Knowledge Foundation

Lane Rasberry lane at bluerasberry.com
Mon Dec 2 12:52:06 UTC 2013

Does anyone collect citations to mentions of the OKF by third parties?

What Rufus shared is great, but for Wikipedia and everything Wikipedia
influences, the only information which can be cited are the third-party
media coverage by entities other than the subject of the article.

What this means is that an organization's history and brand are defined
online by what others say about it, and not by what it says about itself.
This is Wikipedia's major check on the neutrality of its content.

I added a column to the gdocs spreadsheet to include third-party media
coverage to individual events, but before I searched myself, I thought that
I would ask if there was any collection anywhere of unsorted media mentions.
<
https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqR8dXc6Ji4JdDJoRG02VndrNHhKbmRDRnpMMkxWV2c#gid=0

yours,

Lane Rasberry