[okfn-discuss] Joining the OKFN team

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at okfn.org
Tue Jan 15 17:56:57 UTC 2013

Welcome Christian!

I am also new around here. I live in Oakland, California and I'm serving
as US OpenGLAM Coordinator. You can read more about the role here:

http://openglam.org/2013/01/15/launching-us-openglam/

Very enthused to be here!

-Sarah

On 1/15/13 3:33 AM, Christian Villum wrote:
> Dear everyone,
>
> (apologies for any cross posting as this goes out to several
> OKFN-mailing lists today)
>
> I am joining the OKFN team this week and would like to introduce
> myself briefly here on the list. I am 35 years old, live in Denmark
> (more particularly, moving to Copenhagen in a few weeks) and will be
> dividing my efforts at OKFN between Local Groups and Open Government
> Data (both community management work). I have a background as an
> independent entrepreneur and bootstrapper within media, technology and
> open culture in general.
> In recent years I've been heading several different projects including
> Creative Commons Denmark and Platform4; a non-profit Danish
> hacktivist-oriented co-working space and art & technology
> community/venue. Additionally, I run a small maverick electronic music
> record label and artist collective, Uhrlaut Records.
>
> I look very much forward to meeting those of you on the list who will
> be in Cambridge - as well as working with all of you from now on!
>
> Best regards,
> Christian Villum

Sarah Stierch
US OpenGLAM Coordinator, Open Knowledge Foundation
http://www.okfn.org