[okfn-discuss] OKFN instance of IPython Notebook?

Stian Håklev shaklev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 16:12:07 UTC 2013

The Enthought packages are really good, and helped me install it with all
the dependencies and packages etc, however they are a commercial company.
They have a basic free version, and a full version for free for academic
use. However, it would be really good if the community were able to come up
with a totally free alternative (and it shouldn't be that impossible),
making it easy to install on Windows/Linux/OSX.

There is a ton of resources for learning R, including open courses, books
etc. It would be interesting to try to rewrite some of these for
IPython/SciPy/Pandas/Matplotlib etc... I might even try to do a bit of that
myself, in the process of teaching myself.

Stian

http://reganmian.net/blog -- Random Stuff that Matters