[okfn-discuss] online free data visualization

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Fri Jul 5 13:24:07 UTC 2013

On 05/07/2013 12:15, Gene Shackman wrote:
> Could I ask what other sites have free data visualization tools, where
> you can upload your data, get charts, graphs, other pictures? I list
> what I think are a few of them here
> http://gsociology.icaap.org/methods/soft.html
>
> including these, which I think are free
>

> Mondrian http://www.rosuda.org/Mondrian/
> Gephi http://gephi.org/
> Vidi http://www.dataviz.org/
> Wordle http://www.wordle.net/
> Tableau http://www.tableausoftware.com/public/
>
> Gene

Bamboo Dirt (who comes up with these names?) "is a registry of digital
research tools for scholarly use."
http://dirt.projectbamboo.org/
and has a visualization section:
http://dirt.projectbamboo.org/categories/visualization
Items can be sorted by cost, i.e. sorted by 'free as in beer.'

Note that Tableau and Wordle, mentioned above, are both cost-free, but
aren't free, libre, open source software.

HTH

John

--
John Levin