[okfn-discuss] Open Corporates

heath rezabek heath.rezabek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 22:14:14 UTC 2013

Somehow I was unaware of this project until today, but I'm very, very
excited to learn about it:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-07/11/opencorporates

http://opencorporates.com/

As may be clear from time to time, I am at least as interested in bringing
transparency to industry as many are in assuring it in government.

Projects like Open Corporates help reduce the opacity of industry a bit,
and to me that is absolutely vital.  (Actually, I put a Trello idea up
about this topic, and given that Open Corporates has some connection to
OKFn via Chris Taggart, that idea could probably be retired now, with Open
Corporates as partial answer.)

Try out some mappings, charts, and searches.  Explore and spread the word.

- Heath