[okfn-discuss] [FC-discuss] A Free, Libre and Open Glossary

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Fri Jul 12 09:28:03 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 11:17:50AM +0200, Bastien wrote:
> More seriously, I'm always amazed at how people follow RMS so strictly
> (blindly?) on words that need to be avoided, as if they have not read
> "1984".

you might want to review some nlp literature to understand the power of
priming through words. i guess 1984 is also a good novel to see the this
power: freedom is slavery ;)

we currently have the same with tafta / ttip. tafta is not liked by our
adversaries, because it sounds like nafta and contains the tainted tla 'fta',
so they prefer calling it ttip - a partnership. we stick to tafta in all our