[okfn-discuss] A Free, Libre and Open Glossary

adam at flossmanuals.net adam at flossmanuals.net
Fri Jul 12 21:36:03 UTC 2013

free culture is about sharing. its often reduced to a discussion about
licenses and its good to think about it without thinking about licenses
while simultaneously using them

licences are not free culture. they are a mechanical device but do nothing
to encourage sharing in their own right. sharingis a personal / cultural
issue with many uplifting moments as well as many pain points. the pain
eventually turns out to be the most rewarding path if you can weather it.

adam