[okfn-discuss] Open Knowledge Foundation Governance

Abbas Mahmoud abbasjnr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 11:34:38 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm interested in knowing how the Open Knowledge Foundation Board of
Directors are selected. I'm pretty new to the OKFN movement, so I'd highly
appreciate some pointers to relevant links, if any.

Also, has the OKF ever considered empowering the community to (s)elect some
seats at the Board Level? I know that other like-minded organisations like
Wikimedia Foundation and Creative Commons usually does that, which tends to
give the community a sense of belonging and a voice at the decision-making
level.

Your thoughts?

Regards,
Abbas.