[okfn-discuss] [OKFN-International-Council] Open Knowledge Foundation Governance

Laura James laura.james at okfn.org
Mon Jul 15 13:21:26 UTC 2013

Daniel,

Once we have some idea of how the community side of representation might
fit with the legal responsibilities of the board, we'll certainly be
talking with the International Council and others (such as WG coordinators
/ steering groups) to flesh out what this could mean in practice and to get
a system set up.

I think it's important to note that the OKF Central Board of Directors has
quite a specific remit today, primarily around the non-profit organisation
that operates OKF-central, and doesn't usually engage in detailed issues on
the community side - see http://okfn.org/OKFgovernance/   Longer term we do
need to think about how the international angle and global governance
questions could and should work, and the Board acknowledge this will be
coming along in the future.

Best regards,

Laura

*