[okfn-discuss] Open Knowledge Foundation Strategy slides

Gene Shackman eval_gene at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 20 15:32:45 UTC 2013

Thanks for posting the slides
http://okfn.org/about/strategy/

Couple of suggestions

1. slide 9. I don't know that you need to say "not fanatic". Just "pragmatic" is good enough. Are you saying someone else -is- fanatic?

2. slides 7 and 9. You do define 'talking' as advocacy on slide 7, but when I got to slide 9, I'm sorry to say I didn't really remember seeing the previous definition, so all I saw on slide 9 was "talking", which doesn't sound very useful. Can you change that to "advocacy and creating"? That's immediately understandable, and looks like you are -doing- something.

3. Slide 10. Now that I've been on this list a little while, I see there are many organizations about 'open'. Slide 10 seems kind of like an advertisement, why okf is better than other organizations. No real harm in it, but just seems kind of marketing.

Gene