[okfn-discuss] Open Knowledge Foundation Strategy slides

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 22:06:02 UTC 2013

While I personally sympathize with your sentiment, I lean toward pragmatism, a quality also highlighted on slide 9.

We use Google Docs at my organization, and instead of fighting it, I realize it helps folks collaborate and get on with their work.

For the coder within me, I too would love to see truly open alternatives to Github (for example, Gitorious) embraced. That said, while Github itself is closed source, its overall functioning and capabilities are very complementary to the practice, if not the ideals, of open source.