[okfn-discuss] Open Knowledge Foundation Strategy slides

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Sun Jul 21 17:54:13 UTC 2013

Hm, I agree that out of the current slide deck, only slide 8 actually
addresses strategy in a meaningful sense, while the rest seem to be
donor-aimed presentation material. I've been creeped out by some of the
slide 10 bits for a while, organisations that claim to be "trusted,
non-partisan, pioneering and passionate" on their home page (cf.
http://okfn.org) usually are the opposite - I think it backfires, even
though it may apply to OKFN.

It would be fantastic to see a more detailed breakdown of what OKFN
perceives as its medium- and long-term internal and external challenges and
how it plans to address them; breaking some of the weasel lingo ("key
gaps", "beyond the community") down into defineable bits. Even more useful
might be to link this page up to the more specific and short-term pieces of
planning that may be available: chapter development strategy, wg
priorities, bizdev strategy, etc. etc.

Cheers,

 - Friedrich