[okfn-discuss] OKFN BD first program

Nurunnaby Chowdhury nh at nhasive.com
Mon Jul 22 07:21:19 UTC 2013

Dear All,

To enriched the article of Bangla Wikipedia <http://bn.wikipedia.org> & to
know more about Open Source a workshop & seminar was held at the
campus of Rajshahi
University <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajshahi_University>. Career Club
of the University organized the workshop in collaboration with the The Open
Knowledge Foundation Network Bangladesh (OKFnBD) <http://bd.okfn.org>
& Bangladesh
Open Source Network (BdOSN) <http://www.bdosn.org>. This is the first
program arranged by OKFnBD.

The workshop was held last Saturday at the University Dean Complex, where
the resource person described on enrichment of the encyclopedia articles,
images, data, and also add new methods are discussed. More then 250
students took part at the workshop.

At the end of the workshop & Seminar Vice-Chancellor of RU Prof. Dr. Mijan
Uddin gave a speech on the issue. He welcomed such types of initiatives
which are being going to helpful for the students. Among other guest
University Students Adviser Professor Sadequl Arefin, Proctor Tarikul
Hasan, Public Relations Administrator Ilehas Hossain, Career Club president
Syed Abdullah attend the workshop.

At the workshop & seminar conduct by me & one of our active wikipedian &
OKFnBD member Zahid Hossain Khan. We share the way of the enrichment of the
Wikipedia and the usages of the Open Source Software. Also i talk about
OKFN work & activities.

This news published some Bangladeshi leading media. i share some link:
1. http://www.cnewsvoice.com/DetailsNews.php?sesID=&NewsID=N000007630
2. http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2013-07-21/news/369480
3. http://www.projuktiprotidin.com/2013/07/21/1152
3. http://tech.priyo.com/news/business/2013/07/21/11096.html

Also we share some photo in our OKFnBD facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.510415759034704.1073741828.485818138161133&type=1