[okfn-discuss] The GitHub generation

Michael Bauer michael.bauer at okfn.org
Tue Jul 23 08:22:19 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 06:11:14PM +0200, Karsten Gerloff wrote:
> The only thing that this figure reflects is the basic human bias for
> sticking with the default option. When you set up a new project on
> GitHub, the default license choice is 'none'.

I find myself doing this frequently. I'm very license agnostic and take
everything that falls in the range of free software. Leiningen (a package
manager/environment for clojure) defaults to erlang public license - so I
often go with EPL when I develop clojure. Other than that: If I feel
software is release ready, I stick a 2 clause BSD license on it.

Michael

--
Data Diva | skype: mihi_tr | @mihi_tr
The Open Knowledge Foundation | School of Data