[okfn-discuss] Competition: Design the OKF Mascot

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Tue Jun 18 12:15:08 UTC 2013

In case anyone would like to help spread the word, here's a tweetable link:
http://notebook.okfn.org/2013/06/18/the-open-knowledge-foundation-needs-you-to-design-us-a-mascot/

On 18 June 2013 13:38, Laura James <laura.james at okfn.org> wrote:

> *The Open Knowledge Foundation Needs You...*
> *...To design us a Mascot!*
>
> Some of you may have met *Chuff*, the friendly *Okapi* who travelled to
> OKFestival 2012 with Dr Peter Murray-Rust. Chuff has made the occasional
> appearance on Twitter and on the odd t-shirt sported by a few fans, but we
> want to make it *official*. So, we are asking you - our community of Local
> Groups and Working Groups - to design the *picture* which shall forever
> be Chuff's image! (if you didn't see Chuff at OKfestival, here's his
> picture:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/50136062@N03/8019235389/in/photolist-ddCFi8-ddCFeR-ddCErM-ddCFbM-ddCHo4)
>
> *The brief*
> *Design an image or logo of Chuff, the official mascot of the Open
> Knowledge Foundation!* This should be easily-identifiable and fun, to be
> used on merchandise such as flyers, t-shirts, mugs, etc. Ideally the logo
> should work in both full colour and in silhouette. As recognisable as the
> Twitter 'bird', this should be readily identified by 'those in the know' -
> our community's in-joke - and a quirky draw to casual observers, such as
> people passing an OKF staff at an event. This should attract people who
> like stuffed animals & cartoons (as opposed to those who are drawn to
> professional, 'businessy', sensible logos & text). It doesn't need to be a
> cartoon - but should be fun!
>
> *The time-line*
> Deadline for submissions is midnight BST on* Sunday 23rd June*. The
> winner will be announced on Wednesday 26th by 18.00 BST. The judging panel
> consists of noted figures of the OKF including:  Jonathan Gray, Director of
> Policy and Ideas; Laura James, Co-Director; Sam Smith, Designer; Zara
> Rahman and Christian Villum, International Community Managers; Joris Pekel,
> Community Coordinator; Naomi Lillie, Head of Network Unit; and possibly
> even Peter Murray-Rust himself.
>
> *Send your designs to Chuff at okfn.org* and may the best Mascot win :-)
>
> - The OKF Network Team
>
> PS: if you are wondering why an Okapi, the answer is partly that it's a
> great animal, and partly that OK + API is very much in the spirit of the
> OKF - open knowledge and APIs for connecting data :)
>
> *
>
> **
>
> **
>
> *

**

*Lucy Chambers*

Project Coordinator  | skype: lucyfediachambers  |  tel: +44 7909 330731  |
 @lucyfedia <http://twitter.com/lucyfedia>

Empowering through Open Knowledge

http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on

OpenSpending | http://openspending.org/ |
@openspending<http://twitter.com/openspending>|Tracking every
government financial transaction across the world

School of Data | http://schoolofdata.org |
@schoolofdata<http://twitter.com/schoolofdata>| Evidence is Power