[okfn-discuss] proposal for a wiki-map based platform to create location-based open data

Sander van der Waal sander.vanderwaal at okfn.org
Tue Mar 5 16:38:50 UTC 2013

Hi Jose, all,

Daniel, cc'd, is the best person to answer queries around
Crowdcrafting.org and PyBossa, the main platform behind it.
Your request is timely in that we are running a science hackday around
crowdcrafting.org on Saturday 16 March in London.
You can find information and registration information at :

http://okfn.org/events/science-hackday-march-2013/

We will be hacking on PyBossa, the crowdsourcing platform behind
crodwcrafting.org and EpiCollect, a platform for collecting data using
mobiles and web forms. One of the projects that we will focus on at
the hackday is to bring the two together, so you can get the help of
the crowd in analysing the data that you gather. As Rufus mentioned,
an example of such a task could be to add markers to an openstreetmap
map.

If you're interested to learn more, it would be great if you could
come along to the hackday or participate remotely. I would love to
hear if that would be of interest!

Kind Regards

Sander