[okfn-discuss] OKFN ambassadors kit (It was: Welcome to the OKF's first Local Ambassadors!)

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton.alvarenga at okfn.org
Sat Mar 16 13:47:13 UTC 2013

I do really like Peter's idea bellow. We should have a kt of things
every ambassador should have, like their own t-shirt, some outreach
materials and so on.

Maybe always when a group of ambassadors are approved, OKFN Central
(or the closest local chapter with enough funds ;) could send to them
this kit. For instance, last April, when Rufus, Velichka and Lucy came
to Brazil, they brought some t-shirts [1], that I've been sorting for
people attending events promoting open knowledge and hacking open
data.

For instance, for the Wikipedia Education Program, a project runing in
various countries, has this page

http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Education/Materials_for_Teaching

It is really useful and everywhere I gave a lecture I saw people
excited to have some of these meterials. We could have something
similar or even better.

Tom

[1] Who increased the size of OKFN logo on the t-shirt. It is ugly. A
smallers one, like the estenciled example bellow I made is better, I
think.

http://br.okfn.org/2012/04/10/fazendo-uma-camiseta-da-okfn-em-estencil/

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
OKFN Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre