[okfn-discuss] Keeping DRM out of HTML5

adam adam at flossmanuals.net
Thu May 16 19:15:55 UTC 2013

if we could find the $ FLOSS Manuals would also join with you and that
would be 2 voices. we might need some help finding the cash though, a
long term loan would suffice if anyone knows where to get this
relatively small amount to be paid back later

adam

On 05/17/2013 06:18 AM, William Waites wrote:
> On Thu, 16 May 2013 18:17:21 +0200, Harry Halpin <hhalpin at ibiblio.org> said:
>
>      hh> If OKFN wanted to object, an
>      hh> easy way would be to join W3C and object. A petition will have
>      hh> much less of an effect I think.
>
> Harry, that amounts to saying, "if you want to object it'll cost you
> EUR1950 or EUR7800", and be the lone dissenting voice on the WG. A
> petition means a louder dissenting voice that the WG ought to at least
> notice, even if it is outside the W3C process.
>
> There are reasons that the OKF should join the W3C, I actually think
> it would be a good idea, but this isn't one of them.
>
> -w

Book Sprint Facilitation
Book Production Platform Design
Collaborative Production Services