[okfn-discuss] Denial of Service Attack on OKFN servers

Neal Bastek neal.bastek at okfn.org
Fri Nov 22 14:43:30 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I wanted to let you know that we've been experiencing a denial of service
attack on our servers this week that may have impacted some of our list
communications, websites and services. If you've experienced any unusual
problems with our network this week please let me know and we'll look into
it.

The attack is ongoing, but we have it contained and under control. We are
currently filtering IP addresses from Vietnam on our listservs as that
appears to be the geographic source of the attack. The LOD2 list also seems
to be a direct target and you may experience problems there.

Again, please let me know if you have experienced any problems that may be
related to this and we'll see to getting them resolved as soon as possible.

Best,
Neal

Neal Bastek
Digital Engagement Director | skype: nealbastek |
@nbastek<https://twitter.com/nbastek>
The Open Knowledge Foundation  <http://okfn.org>
*Empowering through Open Knowledge*
http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <https://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on