[okfn-discuss] Take your passion for open data to the next level at Stanford

Vignesh Ramachandran vram at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 4 20:34:24 UTC 2013

Good Morning,

If you're interested about using open data to investigate and help shed light on news stories, I'd encourage you to please check out what we're starting to do at Stanford and consider applying for our nine-month program. Please see below.

(We also have an open house on Wednesday on campus in Palo Alto, California that you can RSVP to.)

Thanks!

Vignesh Ramachandran
Managing Editor, Peninsula Press
Program Administrator, Stanford University Journalism Program, @StanfordJourn
email vram at stanford.edu

Follow us on Twitter: @StanfordJourn
View this email in your browser

Take your passion for open data to the next level
Journalism needs you to help investigate the powerful and tell data-driven stories.

Right now, work at Stanford University and in the broader Silicon Valley is changing the way stories are discovered, told, and transmitted. That’s why the Stanford Journalism Program – based in the heart of Silicon Valley – will develop data analysis and visualization tools, partner with media and technology companies around content creation, and lead research and instruction in computational journalism.

You don't need to be a journalist. You just need to hunger to use data for investigating stories, uncovering truths, and informing the public.

We’re leading the charge with an interdisciplinary approach to innovation, bringing digital journalists together with computer scientists, data experts, and media industry leaders. Our nine-month master’s program is fast-paced and focused with 15-16 students a year.

If you’re interested in joining us as we reengineer the future of media, please visit journalism.stanford.edu for more information or join us at our Nov. 6 open house.

Learn More

Copyright © 2013 Stanford University, Department of Communication

Stanford Journalism Program at Stanford University · 450 Serra Mall, Stanford, CA · Building 120 · Stanford, CA 94305 · USA