[okfn-discuss] Women comfortable at speaking at events...

Ewan Klein ewan.klein at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 23:43:14 UTC 2013

We have recently started a club for kids in Edinburgh, inspired by the Young Rewired State Festival of Code; we call it Prewired: http://prewired.org

Sessions so far have involved Python, Minecraft, Scratch, web development and Java(!). This week we’ve got a session on using Arduino boards.

Although we haven’t specifically introduced open data as a topic, this is on our radar. If other people have got useful experience of creative ways of introducing young people to open data, we’d love to hear it. We’d also like to hear of ideas to encourage girls to get more involved in coding at an early stage.

Regards,

Ewan